Rava Kesari is a popular sweet in Kerala made with Rava, ghee and sugar. Learn how to prepare yummy and tasty Rava Kesari here
- Rava / Semolina -1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 6 tbsp
- Raisins – a handful
- Cashews – a handful
- Water – 2 cups
- Food colour – dissolved in water
- Salt – a pinch
- Chop cashews into small pieces and roast them with raisins in a tablespoon of ghee and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed wok and add semolina. Roast the semolina without browning them.
- Now add boiling water along with food colour and salt and stir continuously making sure there are no lumps and all the water dries up.
- Once semolina absorbs all the moisture, add sugar and stir to combine. The mixture will get a bit soggy and wet. Then it will dry up again.
- Add the remaining 3 tbsp of ghee little by little and mix continuously till the mixture comes off from the edges of the pan.
- Add roasted nuts + raisins and switch off the flame.