Idiyappam or Kerala rice noodles are white soft tasty breakfast popular in Kerala. It goes well with spicy non veg curries. Learn how to prepare yummy idiyappams.
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Water -1 1/2 to 2 cups.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut oil – 2 drops
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup or as needed.
- Idiyappam press and the idiyappam achu.
- Boil water with salt in a pan. Add 1 or 2 drops of oil and when it is boiled, pour it little by little over the rice flour mixing with a spoon and make it into a soft dough. The water is just enough to make it into a dough.
- Allow it to cool and while still warm knead it with your hand into a soft dough. Soft rice dough is ready to use.
- Spoon some dough into the idiyappam press. Close the lid and press the dough into greased idili plate/moulds which are garnished with grated coconut.
- Place it into steamer and let it cook for 10-15 min.
- Let the idiyappams cool for a while and transfer it into a plate. Serve with any veg or non veg curry.