Egg Roast or Mutta Roast is a delicious egg curry which goes well with rice or chappati. Learn how to prepare tasty mutta roast
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Small handful of fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 dried Kashmiri chillies, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder (add more if you want it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Boil and peel the eggs and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the curry leaves and fennel seeds and fry for 30 seconds, then add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add onion, dried red chillies and fry for 10 minutes until softened and golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree and salt. Then stir in the ground coriander, cumin, chilli powder, black pepper and turmeric. Simmer for about 15 minutes until rich and reduced.
- Then add the whole eggs, put a lid on and simmer for 4–5 minutes to heat the eggs through.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve.