Cucumber Kichadi or Kakkirikka Kichadi is a tasty Kerala vegetarian dish prepared for Sadyas. Learn hos to prepare Cucumber Kichadi
- Cucumber – 1 big
- Thick Curd – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Green Chilli – 1
- Grated Coconut – 1/3 cup
- Mustard Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 1 broken
- Curry leaves – a small sprig
- Wash cucumber, peel off the skin and remove the seeds. Chop them into bite sized cubes.
- In a kadai boil water add cucumber with required salt…Just cook till it becomes dry,Set aside.Grind the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ to a semi coarse paste.
- Add the coarse paste to the cucumber and mix well.Saute till raw smell leaves.Switch off. Add salt and whisk curd.
- Add curd to cucumber mixture and give a stir.Temper the items in coconut oil and pour the seasoning to the pachadi.Adjust salt if required.
- Serve chilled with any variety rice.