Kerala Chicken Roast is the typical Kerala style roast prepared using spices. Learn how to prepare Kerala style Chicken Roast
- Chicken – 500g cut into medium size pieces
- Onion – 2 big
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10
- Chicken stock/Warm Water – ½ cup
- Tomato – 1
- Oil – 5 Tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients to marinate. Add little water into it and make it to a paste.
- Add cleaned chicken into it and keep it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and roast the marinated chicken until its golden brown in color. Remove it from the pan
- To the same pan add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- When onion turns golden brown in color (it takes 15-20 min for this) add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute for a min or two.
- Add kashmiri chilli, red chilli, pepper, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, salt and saute for a min.
- Add roasted chicken and mix well. (If you want the curry to be really dry you can cook with the pan covered for 5-6 min and stop with this step. If you want the curry with little gravy and like the taste of tomato continue with the rest of steps. Both ways the curry taste great)
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water/chicken stock and cook covered for 5-6 min.
- Add sliced tomato and cook for another 5 min.
- Serve hot