Chemmeen Thala Fry is a special dish famous in Kerala which is prepared by Prawn heads with spices. Learn how to prepare Chemmeen Thala Fry.
- Prawns Head Cleaned – 1 Kg
- Turmeric powder – 1tspn
- Chilly powder – 2tspn
- Tamarind/Kodampulli – 2 (wash well)
- Coconut oil – 2 tbspn
- Curry leaves – 10
- Clean the Prawns head, remove the yellow dirt which you can find inside its head. Keep it under tap water for a few seconds, it will be washed out.
- Take an earthen curry pot/curry chatti. Cook Chemeen thala adding enough water (adequate water to cover the Prawn head), and along with all the Curry powders, Salt and Tamarind.
- Boil it for 10-15 minutes until the Prawns completely absorbs the water.
- Add coconut oil and curry leaves. Stir fry. Remove from heat. Spicy Chemeen thala fry is ready to serve!