Carrot halwa is a popular dessert which is popular among the Indians. It is very sweet and tasty. Learn how to prepare yummy carrot halwa here
- Carrot – 1 kg, peeled and grated
- Milk -1 litre, preferably full fat
- Sugar – 5 Tbsp
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Condensed milk – 3/4 cup
- Almonds to garnish
- Pressure cook grated carrots with about a cup of milk till one whistle.
- After one whistle let the pressure cooker cool and pressure is released than remove its lid and put it again on the stove.
- After 30-40 minutes, when all the milk is evaporated, add condensed milk to the dry mixture and tip in the sugar as well. Check the amount of sugar , you may require very less sugar as condensed milk very sweet in itself.
- Let it simmer till condensed milk also is absorbed and mixture thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- The next step is optional. In an another deep pan heat ghee, transfer cooked halwa to it and cook for another minute making sure you stir it with out fail all the way through.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.